BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Catching you up...

Wow. It has been FOREVER and a day since i lost wrote. I hope my readers haven't forgotten me.. can't really blame you if you did tho.

I just went back and read my old blogs & got sad for a bit. But then i knocked some sense into myself.

If any of my old readers have any questions regarding what happened with the ex & I please feel free to ask away.. this will be the ONLY time i address him or hopefully bring him up. He is a part of my life that was not meant to last & I've come to terms with that. I also realized that neither of us deserved to be with each other. We were both less then perfect & didn't give each other 100% . I made my mistakes and had a few indiscretions but he was far from perfect as well & I too was put in the dark about alot of things.


With that being said.. this starts my NEW BLOG... I'm ready to embrace my new life with more positive outlook.

So much has changed as you can imagine. If you remember I was renting a 2br apartment with an old high school friend. Well her & I are better off as friends then are roomies.. So i actually went back and moved in with my BFF-- I lived with her before for about two years ( half puerto rican/ half Dominican) .

We got this AMAZING apartment 5 minutes away from this popular downtown area. It's a 2bedroom 2 br apartment. Each bedroom has it's own connecting bathroom. It's the ONLY unit in the whole complex remodeled. So we have brand new stainless steel appliances with granite counter tops & marble floors w/ washer-dryer in the unit ( which is pretty hard to get)
.
We weren't planning to move until August.. but the complex was running a deal that we'd be saving around $350 a month so we couldn't resist! We moved in April and it feels SOOO goof living with my bff again.. she gets me and we both kind of need each other at the moment b/c she is going through a hard time with her girlfriend and she was there for me when i needed her and was going through my stuff with my ex as well.

Ok now ONTO the JUICY stuff..
As you can imagine after being in a relationship for such a long time i need some personal time. & I'm not ready to fully date and 100% commit to someone b/c i had alot of work on myself.

I was seeing a therapist until last month & she has truly helped me feel semi- ok again. I was in a REALLY bad place. I mean just imagine. I was job-less, basically homeless crying myself to sleep EVERYNIGHT and i lost about 17 pounds b/c i just couldn't eat. All i'd hear is my stomach grumbling as if it were begging me for food.

I turned to God. & i started going to church everyday. I realized that my ex boyfriend shouldn't have been the center of my life. It should have been God, myself THEN him. Well i'm just glad i have my priorities straight now.

I've been dating someone.. He is Persian.. he knows my situation and he knows my deal so he knows that i'm not able to be " fully in it" and he has been INCREDIBLY understanding. He pushes me to spend time with my girls b/c he knows the attention i get from him isn't the same. So i have been going out to bars & clubs more.. but he is usually with me. We've decided on being exclusive but he also gets that i hang out with my guy friends... After what happened with my ex i have EVERY SINGLE INTENTION of never keeping ANYTHING from the person i'm dating or the person who I'm in a relationship with .

Alot of plans coming up this summer.. and alot of funny things have happened to me recently.. Soo hopefully i'll be posting alot more. I've missed this. Lets go about this the right way now!!

Till' next time...

1 thoughts were told!:

Stephie J said...

So happy that you're happy:)